Generally Windows installation is a very time consuming work. In the normal procedure, windows take approximately 45 minutes to install. This time interval seems to be very long. It becomes very boring task for the computer professionals who used to install windows on computers of their customers daily. The tutorial given below will explain how to install windows XP or Windows 7 quickly in less than just 10 minutes? By following this tutorial, you can save much time. As a computer professional, this little tutorial can save your much time during the windows installation on the computer of your customers. This tutorial is explained in the simple steps given below:-
Start your computer. Insert windows XP CD in CD/DVD-ROM drive. Your computer will automatically detect windows disc inserted. The computer will give a message “Press any key to boot from CD” Press any button from the keyboard to start windows booting.
After this you will be asked to select the partition where you want to store windows files. Normally select C drive.
Format C drive if you are installing windows on an old computer using FAT or NTFS system.
After formatting C derive. All windows set up files are copied to windows C partition. Press Enter to restart your computer.
Now our main tutorial starts which can save your valuable time.
- Windows will reboot. You will see a next step, which consumes almost 40 minutes to complete windows installation.
- Now just press SHIFT+F10 to open Command prompt.
- Type Taskmgr to open task manager with the help of command prompt.
- Click on Process tab. Locate the Setup.exe process in the running processes on your computer.
- Right click on setup.exe
- Set priority of this process to high which is assigned normal by default.
This finishes the tutorial. Now Windows installation will be faster than earlier. So enjoy windows XP installation very fast in just 10 minutes. Sometimes this process can take some more time depending on the processor of your computer.