In windows XP, whenever something bad happens a dialogue box is displayed asking your permission to send error report to Microsoft team online. To take benefit from this feature, you should be connected to internet connection. If you send error report to Microsoft, It will be discussed by Microsoft experts to find its solution. If similar error has been reported by anybody earlier. Then Microsoft will provide you link to webpage containing solution to that problem. So this can help you in running your windows XP computer more smoothly and efficiently. If you don’t want to share error generated on you computer with Microsoft team, you can simply select “Don’t Send” option on error reporting message.
Sometimes this error reporting can create some disturbance to you when it prompts more often. In that situation, if you don’t want to receive error reports on your computer, you can disable “Send Error Report” message. Every time any error occurs while running windows XP, you will not receive any error message. We are giving simple steps below to disable error reporting so that you can stop “Send Error Report” message.
- Go to desktop on your windows XP computer.
- Right click on My computer icon.
- Select Properties.
- Click System Properties >> Advanced Tab
- Click Error Reporting button.
- Select the option Disable error reporting.
- Here you can enable Error reporting for some critical errors only.
- Besides, you can choose any specific program here for which you want to receive error messages.
- Finally press OK.
So this time you will not receive “Send Error Report” message whenever any minor problem occurs on your computer. This will help you in avoiding any disturbance while working.