We all know that facebook is one of the most popular social networking websites on the internet launched in February 2004. Facebook has a huge community of facebook users. It has approximately 900 million users as on May 2012. So the importance of facebook cannot be ignored on internet to get traffic for any blog.
As a blogger, you are supposed to have a facebook profile or facebook fan page for your blog on facebook, where readers can like your website. This will help you in using the power of facebook to get more traffic. You have to update facebook fan page as new posts are published on your blog. Firstly you can update facebook fan page manually to add latest blog posts. But this method is always time consuming. Secondly you can use some web services available like RSS Graffiti or some plugins to auto publish blog posts from your WordPress blog to facebook automatically. But these both methods have some discrepancies. By these services or plugins, a blog post is published on facebook page along with a link pointing to web service or plugin used to publish blog post. This does not look professional.
To overcome this problem, recently facebook has launched its official WordPress plugin to auto publish blog posts from WordPress blog to facebook fan page. This plugin can auto publish WordPress blog posts to facebook fan page without any link to plugin by which posts have been published. You can configure this facebook official plugin on your WordPress blog as explained in this tutorial.
- Download the facebook official WordPress plugin to auto publish blog posts here. This will be downloaded in zip file format.
- Go to your WordPress blog admin panel.
- Go to Plugins >> Add New >> Upload. You can also upload plugin file contained in facebook.zip to /wp-content/plugins/ location by any ftp client like Filezilla
- Upload the facebook.zip file downloaded in first step.
- Activate the facebook plugin. You will be asked to set up facebook application for this plugin.
- Go to Facebook Application Developer page. https://developers.facebook.com/apps. Set a new application by filling all the required information. This will generate App ID, App secret and App namespace. Put these values in WordPress facebook plugin settings page as shown in below image
- Finally save the settings on WordPress blog. Your WordPress plugin to auto post blog posts to facebook had been configured successfully.
This plugin come with some other useful utilities like, you can publish any message to facebook by using Mention facebook. Like, Activity feed, send and Recommendation bar, subscribe buttons can also be enabled in single click on your blog.
You can cross post blog comments to facebook.
So you can use facebook official WordPress plugins to auto publish your WordPress blog post to your facebook profile page or facebook fan page without any link to external web service or plugin.